I'm just trying to remember all of the confirmed or strongly hinted roles that Lucy Lawless either passed on or missed out on due to scheduling conflicts, etc.
At the moment, I have the following:
- Wonder Woman (1990s) as "Wonder Woman" - Passed because the character was too similar to Xena and because she didn't want to film a movie during her break from filming Xena
- X-Men (1999/2000) as ... Jean-Grey (or maybe Mystique) - Passed because she didn't want to film a movie during her break from filming Xena
- Lord of the Rings (1999/2000) as Galadriel - Passed because she was pregnant when the auditions for the role of Galadriel were being held
- Crossing Jordan (2001) as Jordan - Passed because she was exhausted from filming Xena and didn't want to be the lead in another, potentially long term, TV series
- The L-Word (2004) as ... no idea - Passed because she wasn't interested in being a lead in another, potentially long term, TV series
Does anyone know of any others?
I know that Lucy Lawless turned down what sounded like a major role in another TV series to do "Ash vs Evil Dead", but I'm not sure what TV series that was. And I think that she has mentioned turning down various roles in "Hollywood" films because she felt that she was at risk of being typecast as a "man-hater" or similar type of character.
I vaguely recall a story about how she messed up an audition for a coveted role, but I can't recall what role that was.