UPDATES - January 25, 2012:
- General Rule #9, regarding members addressing TX Moderators, has been revised
- Consequence #1, regarding first offenses and PMs, has been revised
Talking Xena – General Rules
1. Respect for your fellow posters is mandatory.
-- This includes no name calling, derogatory put downs, snide comments, or flaming sarcasm towards another poster.
-- No baiting on the open boards. Baiting would include teasing, harassing or persistent criticism with the intent to get a negative response from another poster.
-- No personal bashing of any poster on this board, warranted or not.
No bashing of any group of fans like shippers, subtexters, etc.
-- Do not post about personal problems you might have with another member, or past member, whether they are named or not.
-- No bigoted or prejudiced comments of any kind. Including, but not
limited to, those regarding gender, race, sexual orientation, and
religion. Bigotry of any kind is not tolerated on Talking Xena.
2. Trolling will not be tolerated. All troll posts will be deleted, and the poster will be given a warning. It is also possible for a troll to be immediately banned without any warnings, depending on the severity of the offense.
-- Trolling consists of purposefully posting a thread, or a reply, with the intent to cause trouble on the board.
3. No spamming the board. Spamming is repeatedly posting the same topic over and over. In addition, members who only posts threads or replies, pretending to be a member, with the main purpose of selling and/or advertising products will be considered spam and removed. Exemptions would be material related to Xena/Hercules or other projects involving the cast and crew.
Spamming, or continued abuse after a warning, will result in an immediate ban.
4. Respect for the stars and powers that be of the shows.
-- While it is okay to criticize their work, no personal bashing of the actors, actresses or the powers that be is allowed.
-- Malicious gossip and rumors are discouraged. Malicious gossip would include talking about a star's private life not previously revealed by the star themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, health problems, children, marital problems or other family problems.
-- Do not post fanfiction or artwork romantically linking any of the real people.
5. No stalking-like behavior towards the stars, the powers that be, or fellow TX members will be tolerated. Stalking includes seeking out or posting of the person's personal address, phone number, work place, or attempting to track the individual down in person. On TX it can also mean giving unwanted attention to another member.
6. You are free to say what you want about the characters. However, if you are in a Theme forum, you must respect those forums pairings/characters and actors/actresses.7. No complaints, fights or grievances from or about outside boards, or any social media, including e-mails, IMs, PMs, anything considered private, etc... are allowed.
-- If you have an issue with the way another board is run, or issues with posters from other boards, keep it in those boards.
-- If you have an issue with someone in Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, or any social media, do not bring it to TX
8. If you want to speak on a ruling or an action taken by the TX staff, or an action by a TX member, please post it in the Complaint Forum. Do not post it on the thread where it happened in order to avoid further disruption of the original thread discussion.
9. When the
Talking Xena moderators or administrators are speaking officially on the
board, or being addressed officially by the members, NO snide, snarky,
rude comments or bashing of the TX Staff, the board or the decisions of
the TX Staff will be tolerated on Talking Xena (including private messages).
10. Do not advertise sites with stolen images, videos or other creative material. This will not be tolerated on TX.
Theme (SC, SH & FF) Forum Rules
1. Respect for the views on the pairing, characters, and actors/actresses of the forum you are posting in, is mandatory.
2. Respect for individual posters of the forum you are posting in is mandatory.
3. The theme forums are for the fans of the pairings and actors/actresses stated on the individual forums. Anyone can post in a themed forum as long as they are respectful of that forum's pairing. Don't post negative comments about that pairing or debate with other members about the pairing. There are no reminders for a first offense. If you post an opposing view there, you will get a Warning.
"Fight Club" Rules
1. Anything said in Fight Club cannot be brought outside of FC unless it is a formal complaint placed in the Complaint Forum.
-- This also includes other boards outside of TX. No fights, complaints, or beefs from or about another board.
-- If it is found someone is discussing topics that start specifically in the TX Fight Club you will be told to stop as you do not have permission from this board to do so.
-- If someone is found re-posting threads, posts, or partial posts that are from the TX Fight Club, they will be told to stop.
-- If a person ignores these demands to stop speaking of information found at the TX Fight Club, they will be banned from Fight Club and possibly from TX.
2. No graphic pornography
3. No threats against members of the board
4. No bigotry
5. Anything and everything else goes here. This forum isn't for everybody; it is your choice to be in there or not, not ours.
"Adults Only" Rules
"Adults Only" is a place to have fun with topics a little too racy for the open boards but the main board rules still apply there along with:
-- No graphic pornography or full-frontal nudity.
"Complaint Forum" Rules
The intent of the Complaint Forum is for a poster to be able to post a complaint. It is not for ideas. It is not for debate. Complaints only.
1. Post your complaint in a respectful manner.
-- If your complaint is about a specific post, copy the post, with the author's name, into your complaint and provide a link to the entire thread.
2. You are allowed 1 response after an admin or moderator responds.
3. If your complaint is about another poster, that poster is allowed 1 response.
-- if you feel a person is deliberately going out of their way to bait you, post about it in the complaint forum and wait for a mod or admin to see it.
-- We realize that not all complaints can be handled with only one response. It is up to the admin or mod who responds to decide if more discussion is needed and you will be informed that you may continue the discussion.
4. Only the person posting the complaint, the person the complaint is about and the TX administrators/moderators, may post in the complaint thread.
5. The Complaint forum is for serious complaints about the board only. If you don't have a valid complaint, do not post there.
6. Threads in the complaint forum will be moved to "Storage" after six months.
These rules are NOT to be debated. If the rules are not followed, the consequences are as follows:
1. For first offenses, the poster will be sent a courtesy PM*, pointing out the infraction and asking them to read through the rules of the board. In return, the poster will also be required to acknowledge receipt of the courtesy PM via return PM, within 72 hours and acknowledge that they have read the rules.
- If the courtesy PM is NOT acknowledged, it will be concluded that it has been purposely ignored. Therefore, an Official Reminder will be issued for the initial rule break, in place of that courtesy PM.
The PM is simply a "courtesy" PM sent first to give the member -- who has broken a rule for the first time -- an opportunity to read or re-read the TX Rules to avoid any future rule breaks. This courtesy is for first-offenders only.
2. If the same poster breaks another rule they will be given an official Reminder.
3. After being given an official reminder, each rule that is broken will result in an official Warning.
4. After accumulating a total of 5 official warnings the poster will be BANNED from TX -- permanently.
1. There are no reminders for a first offense in a themed forum: if you post an opposing view there, you will get a Warning.
2. In the most extreme cases, administration may decide to ban someone immediately.
Other possible violations may come up from time to time that
have not be addressed in these rules and they will be dealt with on a